Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tales from Shakespeare: Children's Classics Tales from Shakespeare: Children's Classics by Charles Lamb


My review


I have never read any of Shakespeare's plays, and after reading Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire, I got this to learn more about his plays. Rafe Esquith said in his book that you really can't get a feeling for the plays from just reading the plays and that this book is a good source for the stories that the plays tell. I will try it and see how long I can stick with it.


I have read all twenty of the stories in this volume and was very interested to read the stories of Shakespeare's plays. The language was a little complex, but easy enough to understand if read carefully. I think this is an excellent introduction to Shakespeare's plays and that it would make a good addition to school libraries, even at the elementary level. Many of the stories seemed familiar since so much of Shakespeare's work has become part of our culture.


View all my reviews.

No comments: