Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Diary of a Would-be Princess Diary of a Would-be Princess by Jessica Green


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Jillian James is a student in Fifth year (fifth grade) in Australia and is having trouble fitting in. She loves reading and writing, but does poorly in maths (mathematics). The story is told in the form of her daily school journal in which Jillian talks about the problems she is having. Her teacher, Mrs. Bright, reads the students' journals every week and adds comments and encouragement. It was interesting to see how Jillian changed as the school year went along. I really enjoyed this book, even though there were a few Australian terms that I didn't quite understand. It was a lovely surprise at the end of the book to find a glossary which defined these "Australianisms". I will definitely add this to my order list for my school's library.


View all my reviews.

No comments: