Thursday, November 12, 2009

Playing Easy to Get (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #1; Vikings Underground, #3; and B.A.D. #5) Playing Easy to Get by Kresley Cole


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I bought this book because it has the beginning of Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series as one of the three stories. The first story in the book, by Sherrilyn Kenyon, is a good basic romance, with no immortals involved. The second story, by Jaid Black, is a story of a race of Vikings who live beneath the earth, with bride-hunters who go above ground to steal eligible women to bring below and marry the Vikings and provide them with children. This one was interesting, with the Vikings seeming to have some immortality to them. I may read more of Jaid Black's work later on. The third story involves vampires and Valkyrie and how one of each came together after nearly destroying one another. This one left me wanting more and I continue on to A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Ada said...

Funny
I kinda have lost my trust in Jaid, since the “Trek Mi Q'an” series. Loved "Breeding grounds", but the books keep becoming more and more unrealistic. I sure do hope I am wrong! But Jaid's stile is a superficial ... kinda "for stupid people" one. I really repeat: I HOPE I AM WRONG! But excuse me if I don't trust the commercial reviews all bloggers are giving away.
I will read this book too, and I promise you if I find it "insulting" I will not cover it up. I am sick of sugar-coating it!That is why I never "commercially bend" my reviews to my readers.
Thanks!