Saturday, July 05, 2008

Rhett Butler's People Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I was unsure whether or not to read this, since I am such a fan of Gone with the Wind. I decided to try it when I learned that the author was chosen by Margaret Mitchell's estate to write Rhett Butler's People. I found the first half of the book rather heavy going. It seemed to jump around with no real connection between the chapters and sections. Some of this made sense as the book continued, but at one point I almost put it down. I did enjoy much of the last half of the book, and I do feel that it helped to explain Rhett's character. What I probably enjoyed the most was that this book extended past the end of Gone With the Wind and continued some of its stories. If you are a fan of Gone With the Wind and/or the Civil War, you might enjoy this book.


View all my reviews.

No comments: