Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Although I have been more into the paranormal romance genre lately, I decided to try this because of all of the hype I heard about it. I am so glad that I did! Anastasia Steele is about to graduate from Washington State University when she agrees to help out her friend, Kate, who has arranged an interview for the college newspaper with entrepreneur and WSU benefactor Christian Grey. Kate has come down with the flu and the interview would be difficult if not impossible to reschedule, so Ana agrees to go and do the interview using Kate's list of questions and a recorder. Christian Grey is scheduled to speak and help award diplomas at their graduation later in the week, but Ana really knows nothing about him until she literally falls at his feet, tripping over her own, on the way into his office for the interview. One thing leads to another and Christian arranges another meeting with Ana who is very attracted to him. She has never felt such a strong attraction to any man and he seems to be attracted to her as well. As the romance develops, Ana learns about Christian's "dark desires" and he thinks he will frighten her away when reveals them. This story is a very intense romance with some graphic scenes, but I found myself drawn into their romance and hoping for a successful outcome. You will have to read it yourself to find out if they succeed in finding a middle-ground. There are two further books in this trilogy about Ana and Christian and I am already half-way through the second and deeply hooked on their relationship.



View all my reviews

No comments: