Monday, June 08, 2009

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book is the first in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Clary Fray is a fifteen-year-old girl who is going to the Pandemonium Club in New York City with her friend Simon. She sees what looks like an attack on another teenage boy about to happen and she is suddenly sucked into a world inhabited by demons, vampires, warlocks, werewolves, and shadowhunters and meets another golden-haired boy named Jace. Within 24 hours, her mother disappears and Clary is attacked by a demon. From there, this book is a roller-coaster ride as Clary tries to find and free her mother while fighting an attraction for Jace and a deepening of her friendship with Simon. I really enjoyed this story and found that the characters were very engaging, making me care what happened to them. I plan to read the other two books in the series. I would not recommend this book for an elementary school, but it seems like it would work well for middle or high school libraries.


View all my reviews.

No comments: