Friday, June 05, 2009

The Lovely Bones The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
The story of Susie Salmon begins with her rape and murder at the age of fourteen. The story is told in the first-person by Susie from heaven as she watches how her family, friends and murderer deal with her death. The story was interesting in some ways, and depressing in others. I found it difficult to stay with the story, but forced myself to finish it in the hopes of a somewhat happy ending. Of course, how can a story that begins with murder end happily? The story basically ends with the people connected to Susie reaching closure in one way or another. I would certainly not put this book in any school library lower than high school, and I would be hesitant to place it even in a high school library.


View all my reviews.

No comments: