Friday, June 20, 2008

101 Ways to Bug Your Teacher 101 Ways to Bug Your Teacher by Lee Wardlaw


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
In this book Sneeze, whose real name is Steve, is in middle school. He has a reputation at school from a book he wrote and sold the previous year at school called 101 Ways to Bug Your Parents. He is an inventor with a problem: inventor's block. We meet his friends Hiccup, Hayley, Goldie, Ace, Pierre, and many other interesting characters. While Sneeze is trying to figure out what to do about his inventor's block, his parents spring the news that they have arranged for him to skip 8th Grade and go straight to high school. But what will he do without his friends? Then, suddenly his two best friends, Hayley and Hiccup, are not speaking to him: Hayley because she is angry with him and Hiccup because he seems to developed a terminal case of hiccups. And to top it off, his parents have yet another surprise for him. This is an entertaining story, probably more of interest to middle schoolers than elementary students. It is surprising to find that the author used to be an elementary school teacher. It seems she has gone over to the "dark side" ;->.


View all my reviews.

3 comments:

Lee Wardlaw said...

Of course I haven't gone over to the Dark Side! My novel is pro-teacher; even SLJ and the NCTE thought so! Thanks for the stars. And look for #3a in this series, coming in 2009 - -101 Ways to Bug Your Friends & Enemies. Catch that reading bug!
-Ms. Lee Wardlaw

Mrs. Helen Davis said...

The "Dark Side" comment was meant to be totally tongue-in-cheek! I was hoping it would help some of my reluctant readers be more interested in this book. I look forward to your next book!

Mrs. Helen Davis said...

I have purchased all 3 of these books for my school library and I cannot keep them on the shelves. As soon as one comes in, it is checked out again. Thanks for writing books kids want to read!