Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables No. 2) Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I never read these books when I was young, so I thought I would try one now and see what I think.

Anne of Avonlea was a charming story of a girl of seventeen who is becoming a woman. She serves as the schoolmarm of Avonlea school and continues to live with Marilla, who brought her through the past few years. The descriptions of Anne, her friends and pupils, and of Avonlea were detailed and beautiful. Although the vocabulary in this story is pretty advanced, the storyline itself is unobjectionable. I think that students, particularly girls, who want to be teachers might quite enjoy this story. I think that I may go back and read Anne of Green Gables now that I have read this.


View all my reviews.

No comments: