Friday, July 24, 2009

Dark Prince (The Carpathians (Dark) Series, Book 1) Dark Prince by Christine Feehan


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Mikhail Dubrinsky has lived for centuries and has finally decided that he no longer wants to live an existence that is without meaning or love. He is so despondent that he plans to end his life by "meeting the sun". Raven Whitney hears his despair in her mind and calls out to him, startling him with her telepathic skills. Mikhail decides to put off his end until he discovers the women who is able to speak to him with her thoughts. When he meets Raven, he realizes that he has found his true lifemate. Raven is equally drawn to Mikhail, but she doesn't understand or trust the powerful attraction he has for her.

Although I was drawn into this story at the beginning, by the time I got halfway through the book and the characters had already made love multiple times and had each barely survived mortal wounds, I found myself less interested in their story. It seemed to go from disaster to disaster without developing the characters and relationships the way I would like. I finished the story and read the bonus selection at the end, but I likely will not read others in this series.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: