Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
Elena Gilbert is about to start her senior year of high school. She has always been one of the most popular girls at school, and she sees no reason for this to change, but she has a strange feeling that this year will be different. When she gets to school the first day, there is a new student, Stefan, who seems very aloof and mysterious. Elena cannot imagine that she cannot capture the attention of this new boy as she has captured the attention of others through the years. But there is something different about Stefan. What is it about him that makes Elena want him so badly? To find out, read these two stories.



I found the characters in these stories to be totally unlikeable, even the main character, Elena. The only character in the book who had some redeeming qualities was Matt. The girls in these stories were the kind of girls that I tried to stay from in high school - the "popular" crowd. If you like those kind of people, you might enjoy these stories, but I found that I couldn't wait to finish them and I don't plan to read the others in the series.


View all my reviews.

No comments: