Saturday, July 25, 2009

Darkfever (Fever, #1) Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
MacKayla Lane is enjoying summer in Georgia, sunning herself by the pool, listening to music on her Ipod, waiting for her sister Alina to come from Ireland and her parents to come home from a cruise. She is as happy as she can be without her parents and her sister. Then comes the call that will change her life - her sister has been murdered in Dublin. MacKayla goes quickly from shock to anger when she sees that noone seems concerned that the murderer has not been caught. She decides to fly to Dublin and do everything she can to find out who killed her sister and see to it that the murderer is brought to justice. As soon as she arrives, strange things begin happening that will forever change not only MacKayla's view of the world, but her life itself. She finds herself plunged into the Fae world of Seelie and Unseelie, vampires, and nightmares brought to life. Will she find her sister's murderer or will she become just another victim?

After reading the sample of this book on my Kindle, I probably would not have purchased it, but it was free, so I downloaded it. It held my interest, but I really did not enjoy the story as much as others of the same genre. There seemed to be too much left unsaid about the characters that I would like to know about them. MacKayla's character was fairly well developed, but I don't feel like any of the other characters were. Of course, many of the characters didn't last long enough to get familiar with.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: